Monday, February 8, 2010

Walk publicised on 2fm & welcome to sponsors B&B Ireland

Yesh yesh y'all,

Sir Blisterfoot here. Just a quick heads up to say I will be publicising the walk on Rte 2fm today at about 2.15pm. Rick O Shea has made the excellent choice of publicing the walk (unending thanks to him and Mr. Battle), supporting us on the airwaves. We're a few days old and have already raised over a grand (in euro) so it needs not be said the support has been outstanding. Thanks

I would also like to welcome B&B Ireland on board as generous official sponsors of the walk. They are the body that hosts many beautiful establishments across the nation and they are kindly putting me up along the way. I am indebted to them as I have a very embarrassing bank balance at present ('don't we bleedin' all' says you) and can do with all the help I can get. Their wonderful website can be found HERE.

Walked 35k on Saturday and discovered something crucial - I badly need bicycle shorts. I won't go into detail but I had a touch of the John Wayne's by the time I got in. Made it to Ticknock and it is gorgeous. Remember being there as a chissler and it's as deadly as I remember. I have also discovered the wonderful world of podcasts particularly the Guardian book and football ones.

FACT OF THE DAY: A postage stamp contains 1 tenth of a calorie and this is made known to all posties on their breifing when they get the job. My housemate works for An Post...so there

TRACK OF THE DAY: Mott The Hoople - Sea Diver

Take it easy

J

SPONSOR JOHN HERE
OR EMAIL JOHN AT galwaydublinhaiti .at. gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I just gotta say, I admire that you're doing this for Haiti.
    Good luck, looking forward to seeing how you get on!

    ReplyDelete