Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Greetings from subtropical Athlone

Alright party people,

How are ya. Ace I hope. I have done three days and I apologise that this is the first chance I have had to get online. I'm sure you'll forgive me. And whaddya know..I have approximately 5 minutes to write this mail! So....
Day 1 Galway to Athenry 23k
Nice walk but developed horrendouse blisters because of bad sock arrangement. Despite what people say, double socks is a no-no. Stayed with lovely couple who made bacon and cabbage to die for
Day 2 Athenry to Ballinasloe 42k (ended up as 47k)
I shant lie...this day was gruelling. Got pissed on (figuratively), got lost, and got a bit sore. Blisters threatened to make a grown man cry. Took nearly 9 hours, but I bloody well did it! Slept for eleven hours after watching the Reds somehow beat Milan
Day 3 The 'Sloe to Athlone. 24k
Amazing Day. Gorgeous weather and I purposely went at a slow pace. Loved every second of it. I have finished 2 audiobooks now. just ate seatrout....mmm

Ok, really have to go. Getting a sports massage (thanks colm and niamh). I'm loving this and thanks to all for continued support. By the way...Rossa, I don't have your number to wish you happy birthday. Text Me!!!

Song Of The Day -Band Of Gold by Freda Payne

J

2 comments:

  1. i feel the need to point out that myself and niamh got someone else to do the massage rather than us actually performing the act. sorry homes, y'know, jus' saying or somethin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi john,
    We're with you all the way, but you are doing the hard work.
    Sue and co!

    ReplyDelete