Saturday, February 13, 2010

How Soon Is Now?

Did the final bit of prep yesterday by walking 36k. Got loads of essential gear, generously donated and borrowed from my cousin and parents respectively. My dad loaned me rakes of useful stuff like windbeaters and super space aged socks and even a whistle that turns into a torch and a compass! Nice one pops! My cousin Simon has just come back from Chad with the Irish Army and he had so much invaluable advice it's ridiculous. Nice one cuz! Walking back to the house I was all kitted out and felt like Mr Soft from those Softmints ads in the 90s. Also, fair play to the wise soul in The Irish Times who gave the walk a plug in yesterday's paper. So, the preperation is all over bar the shouting. Getting the bus over to Salthill in Galway tomorrow and the games begin Monday at approximately 8.30am. I am buzzin. I'll be updating the blog in Internet Cafe's etc. along the way and I'll do my darndest to get pictures up as I go. I'll leave you with the final route and an old ditty you can tap your toes to.....

J

FINAL ROUTE

Track Of The Day - Harry Belafonte - Jump In The Line


SPONSOR JOHN HERE
OR EMAIL JOHN AT galwaydublinhaiti .at. gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment