Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Victorious


















Success! After walking 225 kilometres from Galway to Dublin I have completed my Coast to Coast Charity Walk for Save The Children's Haiti Appeal. My left ankle is a little swollen, but other than that I am in tremendous form and have ben eating like it's going out of fashion since I returned. (Pass the cheesecake? Oh wait, I've eaten it all.) The final 2 days were tricky enough. Saturday's walk from Edenderry to Maynooth was really tough because in the Kildare backroads of Timahoe there is not a shop or pub in sight. I walked from 9am to 4pm without stopping and not one eatery did I pass. In Maynooth that night, I was almost incapable of walking from stiffness and soreness but Profiteroles, Match Of The Day, Deadliest Plane Disasters and a lot of sleep sorted me right out. Maynooth wore a fluffy snow skirt the following morning and I again walked with a mission and without a break until I arrived in the fabled promised land of Ringsend. My beloved Laura walked the last 5 k or so with me and I was delirious when we met. Above are the photographs of the grand arrival. (Nice one to Laura, Erin, Dara, Colm and Liam for clapping me in!!) I am elated and buzzing to finish and over 2 grand sterling has been raised so far. You can continue to sponsor me until May at The Official Sponsorship Page
I would like to thank:
All my friends and family, Laura, everybody who sponsored , supported, cheered and helped the cause along the way, B&B Ireland, Rick O Shea and Cormac Battle at 2fm, The Kiosk on Phantom 105.2, Hayden's Hotel in Ballinasloe, Anseo on Camden Street, Paul Allen, The kind people I met in Galway, Westmeath, Kildare, Offaly and Dublin, the artists on my Ipod and of course, Save The Children
I will post up some video pieces I did during the week

SPONSOR JOHN HERE
OR EMAIL JOHN AT galwaydublinhaiti .at. gmail.com




J

No comments:

Post a Comment